RULES FOR COMMENTS

  • Be honest -- if you can't prove it, don't say it.
  • Be polite -- no profanity, name-calling, or rude language
  • Be relevant -- stick to the issues, no personal attacks

Thursday, November 1, 2007

WHAT I REALLY THINK ABOUT STEVE TURLEY

I always say exactly what I think. If what I think will do damage, I try to keep my mouth shut. But when the I see the possibility of even greater damage, I have to speak up. This election season there is the possibility that Steve Turley could be re-elected to Provo City Council. I believe that is a greater danger than hurting some feelings.

Steve Turley has said and done some things with which I completely disagree.

Many other people have seen and heard the same things I have, and they speculate about WHY he has done them. In our justice system, we are allowed to testify about what we have seen and heard, not about what we suspect or imagine, and NEVER about what we speculate another person's motives are. That is an unjust judgement.

I do not know why Steve has said and done some of the things he has, but he has done them. I can testify about them because I have seen him do them with my own eyes, and heard him say them with my own ears. I will not speculate about WHY he has said and done them.

But because of what I have witnessed, it is my opinion that Steve Turley should never be elected to ANY public office, ANYWHERE, EVER AGAIN.

I realize that I may be committing political suicide to say so, publicly. I am willing to do so, in the hopes that the people of Provo will pay attention!

But you may not believe me. So ask someone you trust. Ask another Council member. Ask a neighborhood chair who has worked with him. Ask a staff member who has seen him work. Ask a member of the Administration who has dealt with him:

"SHOULD STEVE TURLEY BE RE-ELECTED?"

My answer is "NO."

No comments: