RULES FOR COMMENTS

  • Be honest -- if you can't prove it, don't say it.
  • Be polite -- no profanity, name-calling, or rude language
  • Be relevant -- stick to the issues, no personal attacks

Thursday, November 1, 2007

DAMAGE CONTROL --THE RUMOR MILL

Dear voters,
Let’s correct some misrepresentations that have been made about me:

1. I am not a Democrat. Like 40% of the voters in Provo, I am Unaffiliated, staunchly so. I don’t like partisan politics.

2. I am not a developer. Several years ago, I subdivided the family horse pasture and sold 10 large lots for single-family homes, just what the neighborhood needed. I passed up chances to build high density housing on the land. All city approvals were complete before I ever ran for office. I made very little money. I will not develop property again.

3. I am not a landlord. I own no rental properties. I did not own any in the Provost neighborhood when, as neighborhood chair, I applied for a rezone. My purpose was to call the question about whether or not to allow accessory apartments. The neighborhood voted “no.” End of story.

4. I am not the “hand-picked candidate” of any member of the Council or the Administration. I sometimes agree with Cindy Richards, and I sometimes agree with George Stewart. I occasionally agree with Lewis Billings, and once I even agreed with Steve Turley. I am completely my own person, and have my own opinions which I readily express.

5. I am running just to...(whatever) . No one else can determine what I am thinking, what I want, or what I am trying to do. I have no hidden agenda. Everything I think, feel, or believe is stated in the articles below. I have not "adjusted" my opinions in order to make myself look better,(a practice called "image management.") What you see is exactly what you get. I think I would be a good Councilmember. I want to serve. I’m trying to do some good. Anyone who says differently is speculating.

6. I have no delusions about myself. I know what I’m good at and what I’m bad at. I do not make claims that have no basis in reality.

These are the rumors I’ve heard. There may be others. Please GET THE FACTS! Read the articles below, which are an accurate representation of my ideas, my opinions, and my positions.

If you agree with me, vote for me. If not, don’t. That’s democracy. But please do not accept rumors as truth. Please call or write if you have further questions.

No comments: