RULES FOR COMMENTS

  • Be honest -- if you can't prove it, don't say it.
  • Be polite -- no profanity, name-calling, or rude language
  • Be relevant -- stick to the issues, no personal attacks

Saturday, October 13, 2007

REQUEST FOR HELP

Dear Neighbors,

Thank you for voting in the Primary Election. I got through the Primary, even though I had done almost no campaigning. Now the real work starts.

I want to be of service to our community. I have many ideas about what needs to happen, and I will pursue them whether or not I am elected to the Council. But it will be a whole lot easier to get them done from a seat ON the Council. I really need to get elected.

Please read the articles below.( Do you know where I stand on the issues? Are you sure? What you may have heard about my positions may have been misrepresented. If you do not agree with me, that's OK. But please make sure that you have an accurate idea of my opinions.)

If you do agree with me, I need help.
--I need places for signs (your yard, friend's yards, acquaintance's yards, especially on major roads, etc.)
--I need endorsement statements (ONLY if you are comfortable disclosing your support publicly.)
--I need candidate forums (you host a meeting, fireside, or open house and invite the neighbors.)
--I need publicity for the website (word-of mouth, telephoning, leafletting, "honk and wave".)
--I need money (Begging is humiliating, but I have to do it -- "Brother, can you spare a dime?")
--Any other help, support, ideas, or encouragement that you can give.

This election is important to the future of Provo, our families, and our neighborhoods. Please pay attention. Please get involved. And if you are willing and able, please HELP. --Melanie McCoard, 373-1192, stonewife@iveracity.com

No comments: